Accident Compensation Lawyer - Injury ClaimsLAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 855 804 7125
There are specialist personal injury lawyers that deal exclusively with accident compensation claims. This is because the contested issues relating to negligence law arising out of accident compensation claims are best dealt with by an expert. Fortunately for the injured party, there is no charge for legal fees unless the claim is won and damages are awarded to the injured party. This type of no win no fee arrangement encourages the accident compensation lawyer to leave no stone unturned in the quest for justice and to do the best for the injured party. If the claim is lost there is no charge whatsoever. Only if the claim is won and the injured person receives a financial award is the lawyer entitled to charge for legal services. If you need advice from an accident compensation claim lawyer just call the helpline.
We'll ensure that you get a fair deal. If you contact us, a Toronto accident compensation lawyer will speak to you immediately to discuss your personal claim. You will be given advice at no cost on how best to pursue your legal claim in Ontario and what actions you should take to preserve your legal rights.
Our Toronto accident compensation lawyers normally deal with personal injury claim settlements using a contingent fee arrangement which means that if you don't win then they don't get paid. If the case is lost then you will not receive any bill for the lawyer’s legal fees. Your lawyer will advise you in full about the way contingent fee arrangements operate.
Accident Compensation Lawyer
You will be dealing with an experienced accident compensation lawyer from your very first contact with us. You will not have to speak to any unqualified staff and you will be kept fully updated in writing about the progress of your claim. Your personal injury claim lawyer will always be available to discuss your case on the telephone. You deserve the best so don't settle for less.
If you would like expert advice at no cost on accident law from an accredited specialist in just complete the contact form and an accident compensation lawyer will review your claim and phone you immediately at no cost and with no obligation.
An accident compensation lawyer will divide damages awards into two main categories. The first is called special damages which is compensation that can be calculated accurately on a mathematical basis with no serious element of assessment. Special damages are proven by documenting evidence of loss of money. Receipts, invoices and quotations must be retained and documented and the judge will take a look at them to determine if they are related to the accident. The other main category of compensation is called general damages which cannot be determined mathematically and requires assessment by a judge (or agreement between the parties).
Reasonable Loss Claim
All reasonably incurred losses can be claimed provided that they are foreseeable and are not deemed to be unpredictable and remote. There are numerous areas of compensation including which is not an exhaustive list :-
- Pain and suffering caused by the injury. This can include long term consequences of pesonal injury.
- Wage loss due to an inability to work. This includes current loss of wages and potential future loss of wages.
- Compensation for any loss of promotions due to injury.
- Loss of lifestyle.
- Disadvantages in the labor market due to permanent injury or to current illness.
- loss of congenial occuptation
- Inability to carry on one’s current job.
- Inability to be able to carry out leisure activities.
- Inability to do favored hobbies or sports due to injury.
- Lack of ability to enjoy those things one normally enjoys.
- Medical expenses associated with the accident including long term expenses because of the injury.
- Vehicular damage repair charges or the full value of a car damaged beyond repair.
- Increase in cost of motor insurance in the future.
- Loss in value of a repaired car.
- Cost of car hire on a temporary basis whilst repairs are carried out.
- Interest on any monetary losses that accrue from the date of the accident or from the date of legal proceedings.
Lump Sum or Periodical Payments
If there is a reasonable chance that you will come down with a serious illness in the future because of the accident, the accident compensation lawyer may split out the compensation award to a current claim and a future claim. A lump sum may be awarded or an order for periodic payments may more appropriate so that there is a continuous influx of money to help a disabled person live with their injury.
If it wasn't your fault then someone else must pay and if you have suffered trauma in an accident then you may be able to recover compensation. Each Province has its own regulations regarding limitation law which outline the time within which legal action must be commenced if the right to claim compensation for injury it is not to become 'statute barred'. Limitation periods vary from Province to Province and you should take legal advice as soon as possible after your accident to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.