CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER - INJURY COMPENSATION
Car accident lawyers in Canada deal with more than 100,000 claims for compensation on an annual basis. There are about a half a million motor vehicle collisions in Canada every year which cause about 250,000 people to be injured, over 20,000 of which are critical injuries of which about 3,000 are fatalities. There are about 8 deaths every day on Canadian roads and there is a serious injury every 2 minutes. Alcohol consumption is involved in a third of all fatal accidents and most fatalities did not wear a seat belt. The leading cause of death for people less than 30 years of age relates to motor vehicle accidents with SUV accidents accounting for more than double the normal rate of fatalities as a result of a road accident.
After a collision there are a number of things that a car accident lawyer will advise you to do:-
- exchange name, address and phone number
- obtain insurance company details, policy number and driver's license number
- record details of cars, including year, make, model, color and registration plate
- note the exact location of the collision and how it happened
- photograph the location and damage sustained
- do not admit liability for the accident even if you think it was your fault
- photograph the vehicles, location and any visible injury
- take down personal details of witnesses
- keep a daily diary about injuries, medication and treatment
- retain receipts for expenses
Car Accident Lawyers
Our car accident lawyers deal with all motor vehicle collisions including compensation claims for pedestrians, passengers, motorcycle riders and cyclists. Our personal injury lawyers are very experienced in these matters and we offer expertise that is second to none. Our lawyers deal exclusively in claims involving physical injury.
If you would like to talk to an experience car accident lawyer without obligation then just call the helpline or email our offices or complete and send the contact form and a personal injury lawyer who deals exclusively in accident claims will phone you with advice at no cost and information on how best to preserve your legal rights to compensation for your injuries.